Jackson Eco Farm
6561 Jefferson River Rd
Athens, GA 30607
8:30 a.m. Monday, July 8, 2013
Health | Wellness,
Kids | Family
Summer Camp 2013
Age Groups: Sprouts - ages 6-8
Young Farmers - ages 9-12
Regardless of the age, all students will have variety of experiences at Farm Camp. At Jackson Eco Farm, campers will develop an appreciation for the natural world while learning how people, land, and wildlife are interconnected.
Parents may attend Farm Camp with their child at no additional cost.
There is still room in the July 8th week of camp. Look what we have in store:
Monday, July 8th 8:30-3:30
- All about bugs. Campers will learn about good bugs and bad bugs that roam the gardens. They will collect bugs and view them up close and natural! We will have a guest 'bug expert' with us that will help students with identification of creepy crawlies in their own backyard!
Tuesday, July 9th 8:30-3:30
- Have you ever made edible compost? Campers attending today will make their own edible compost and learn the role compost plays on the farm. Campers will study earthworms (vermiculture practices) up close and personal as they learn the important role the worms play in the soil. Campers should plan to get dirty today as we play in the worm beds and discover how healthy soils help the gardens grow.
Wednesday, July 10th 8:30-3:30
- Roses are red, violets today's theme is flowers just for you! We will have a blast walking through the flower gardens to identify the different flowers growing there. Campers will identify the basic parts of a flower and learn the process of pollination. Campers will sample local honey, create flower art, and plant their own flower seeds to start a garden at home.
Thursday, July 11th 8:30-3:30
- Veggies Tails! Today is all about what is growing in the gardens. Campers will pick veggies from the gardens and connect everything we have learned all week how the garden grows. Today is all about the gardens!
Friday, July 12th 8:30-3:30
- Farm to Table Fun! Campers will learn about how food is grown and the care farmers take to grow healthy foods. Campers will meet the animals of the farm and learn their role. We will also celebrate a farm animal of the day! We will end the day and week of camp with a farm party! It is a day of celebrations!!
Weekly Cost - $180.00 Daily Cost - $35.00
Use the code JEF13 for a discount for the full week.